DIOCESAN: Springfield, IL
- 1945: Catholic Children's Home, Alton, IL
- 1946: Camp Star of the Sea, Springfield, IL
- 1948-1951: Saint John the Baptist, Quincy, IL
- 1951-1952: Saint Joseph, Granite City, IL
- 1950-1951: All Saints, Quincy, IL
- 1952-1954: Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Springfield, IL
- 1954-1964: Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith,
- 1954-1964: Residence Saint Barbara, Springfield, IL
- 1964-1969: Saint Margaret Mary, Granite City, IL
- 1969-1970: Saints Simon and Jude, Gillespie, IL
- 1970-1984: Saint John the Baptist, Quincy, IL
REPORTED SURVIVORS: 4
- 1940s: Unknown
- 1950s: Unknown
- 1966-1968: Unknown
- 1970: Unknown
- 1975-1979: Unknown
- 11/29/18: Diocese of Springfield, IL
- 1969: Sick leave
- 1984: Resigned from Saint John the Baptist, Quincy, IL
- 2000: Died
This section contains specific information regarding substantiated child sex abuse committed by Catholic clerics and religious brothers while ministering in the diocese. This information includes:
The name of the substantiated cleric or religious brother and the year he was ordained. In instances where no ordination year is noted, the ordination year is either designated as “unknown” or the individual is a non-ordained religious brother who took vows in a religious order.
The diocese or religious order into which the cleric or religious brother was ordained or took vows.
The parishes and related church locations where the cleric or religious brother was assigned while ministering in Illinois, as reported by a diocese or religious order.
The number of survivors who made claims of child sex abuse against the cleric or religious brother, as reported by the diocese or religious order and/or as revealed in criminal conviction records.
Date/Location of Reported Abuse
The date and location of claimed instances of child sex abuse committed by the cleric or religious brother, as reported by the diocese or religious order and/or as revealed in criminal conviction records.
Diocese Claim of First Report
The date the diocese reports having first received a child sex abuse claim, or claim of inappropriate behavior with a child, regarding the cleric or religious brother.
Placed on Catholic Church Public Lists
The date the identified diocese or religious order placed the cleric or religious brother on its public list of substantiated child sex abusers.
Significant actions relating to the cleric or religious brother and his current status.